today i'm thrilled to share my latest mini quilt, strawberry lemonade. sounds delicious, right?
here's the materials you need to make this mini quilt:
- cricut maker
- cricut maker rotary blade
- cricut fabric mat
- pale pink solid color cut down to (4) 12'' x 24'' rectangles
- yellow solid color cut down to (4) 12'' x 24'' rectangles
- dark pink solid color for sashing (fat quarter)
- 1/4'' yard for the binding
- 1/2'' yard for the backing (cutting it down to a 26'' x 26'' square)
- batting (1) 26'' x 26'' square
- misc. sewing supplies, including thread, iron, and small scissors
here are the cutting instructions:
- start a new project in cricut design space
- using the square under shapes, create the following measurements:
- 4 1/2’’ x 4 1/2'' (x8 pale pink)
- 4 1/2'' x 4 1/2'' (x1 yellow)
- 6 1/2'' x 3 1/2'' (x8 yellow)
- make sure you unlock and lock your measurements so the sizes won't change as you create the additional squares and rectangles
- change the color of each square/rectangle as you create, making it easy for you to keep up with the measurements and mats to make each block
- you're all set, click on "make it"
- you'll see your squares and rectangles broken out by color (mat)
- keep the number of project to 1
- adjust the mat size to 12'' x 24'' for each color (mat)
- place your pre-cut fabric on the fabric mat in order of mat
- select cotton fabric, insert your cricut rotary cutter and GO!
- for the sashing, cut the following:
- 2 1/2'' x 2 1/2'' (x1 dark pink)
- 2 1/2'' x 12 1/2'' (x4 yellow)
- after you've finished cutting, organize your squares and rectangles by color
here are the sewing instructions (use a 1/4'' seam allowance unless other wise noted):
- place (1) yellow 6 1/2'' x 3 1/2'' rectangle on top of (1) pale 4 1/2'' square at a slight angle
- using your presser foot, sew along the edge of the yellow rectangle
- trim 1/4'' seam allowance to the right of the sew line
- press seam to one side
- trim to 4 1/2'' x 4 1/2'' square
- repeat to make 3 more wonky star blocks
- layout the block (resembles a nine-patch quilt block)
- sew each row together, press seam to one side
- now you should have (4) 12 1/2'' x 12 1/2'' wonky star blocks
- sew the dark pink 2 1/2'' x 2 1/2'' square to the remaining (2) pink rectangles. press to the dark pink square
- sew the center sashing to the bottom row of blocks, pressing seam to the pink strip
- repeat for the top row of blocks, pressing seam to the pink strip
- layer the quilt top with the quilt batting and backing
- quilt and bind as desired
isn't this a fun mini quilt to make? it's so easy with the cricut maker.
i hope you enjoy this mini quilt as much as i enjoyed making it.
cut, sew, repeat...
the tattooed quilter
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.